The Comparative Literature Student Association (CLSA) at San Francisco State University is accepting submissions for the Spring 2020 edition of the literary journal Portals.
In addition to papers looking across linguistic borders, we invite submissions from those engaging critically with literary topics from an interdisciplinary or comparative perspective, as well as papers engaging with literary theory and criticism.
- Essays should be in MLA style, 12-point font, and no longer than 25 pages.
- Authors may submit up to 3 pieces.
- Authors must be currently enrolled undergraduate students, graduate students, or doctoral candidates.
- Include a 250-word abstract and a cover sheet with contact information, including school affiliation and current academic year. Your name should not be featured outside the cover sheet; this is a blind selection process.
- Submissions not in English will be considered, though translations will be prioritized.
Submission Deadline: March 13th, 2020